This past weekend my mom and I went shopping in one of our favorite accessory stores, Charming Charlie and I came across a few pamphlets from the Editor of Lucky magazine with tips on how to layer necklaces and bracelets. I thought this would be great to share with my readers so check out the tips below!!
Necklaces: How to layer
1. Start with a 16 to 18-inch necklace to frame your face. It can be any material but should have a little color or sparkle because it’s the first thing people notice
2. Think of your middle pieces (20 to 30 inches long) as more foundational. Keep them thin (but not too thin or they’ll tangle) and simple so they don’t compete with the shortest or longest of the bunch.
3. The longest piece (33 to 36 inches; ideally no lower than your waistline) should also make the biggest statement. A pendant or heavier chain anchors the whole mix.
Bracelets: How to layer
1. Start with your thickest piece, whether a cuff, bracelet or bangle.
2. To keep the look light, choose additional pieces under an inch wide. Try a watch or a triple-wrapped necklace. If it fits on your wrist, it’s a fair game.
3. Add a wildcard element: punky spikes, colorful sparkles. Leather in any for-a wrap, watchband, or cuff-adds a classic touch.
4. Finish it off with smaller pieces like delicate bangles or something a dangling charm.